Tuesday, April 29, 2014

O N E T R A N S F E R D O W N

Hello sweet family:)

Mom thank you so much for the wonderful email that you sent me..it was so fun and full of all kinds of details that I love so dearly! It sounds like you had a wonderful week with Court! I’m so glad that you were able to have that time to spend with Court and Brett and sweet little Ollie.  (you are such a hard worker and totally deserve that time away and a time to vacation and have fun!)  Thank you Mom and Coco so much for the package that you sent me! It brought tears to my eyes! It was so fun to see you all and to see my cute baby Oliver. Ha ha He is so cute I can hardly handle it. I just want to kiss his chubby face!!! Those pictures were adorable, I quickly added them to my pictures that are on my wall! Mom that shirt was the cutest! Tommy Hilfiger is the best and I plan to wear that shirt tomorrow.  It is so stinking cute! Thank you so much:) It’s so fun to get little surprises from you! You and court are so funny! I opened 2 of the envelopes... but I’m trying to wait to open the others. I was laughing SO hard “the dog in the towel!” ha ha You guys are the best. The cd's are SO GOOD! Thank you so much for sending those... I was actually planning to ask you today to send me some music, but to my surprise you sent them already! Sister Hancock and I just love the music that are on them...so good job “Court-a-nay” and “Mommizle” :) I sure do love you both so much and I am so grateful for that sweet package!
    So mom, Yes I bought the GPS. We tried to go without it for a day and we got lost and couldn't find the houses that we had appointments at! Gosh! We were in serious need of one! HAHA  I just got the same one that sister Alder had. It was $105.  I don't know if I should have done that.. (Hopefully Dad isn't mad.) I just needed one and I figured since I will be out longer than Sister Hancock I would just buy it! No, I don't drive. Unfortunately we do designated drivers and so I have not driven yet! My job is to put addresses in the GPS. Yes mom, I also get to stand outside and "back" Sister Hancock up in the car. Ha ha ha.. I just laugh when people look at me when I have to do it…. like.. “Uhh.. What the heck are you doing??” Good times! J
   That's too bad about cade being sick.  It’s interesting because I have been sick this week too! It started Thursday morning! I woke up and I was just really weak! I had a terrible headache and a fever. Then it turned into a stomach ache.. and I was in need of some pepto bismal (that's all I’m going to say! Ha ha) This lasted until just yesterday! I’m feeling a lot better today so hopefully it continues to stay good and I can get to 100 percent again. Being sick on the mission... is the pits. Luckily brother Briggs is the best  (he is the member that we live with) he went to the store and got me some good old pepto bismal and some anti diarrhea pills.. :O He is such a sweet man! (too much information? Sorry… but yeah I’m doing a lot better) and I’m so glad that Cade-o is doing better as well! Mom how is Dad doing?? How did his doctor appointment go? Do they know what is wrong with him?? I pray for him ALWAYS.. also how is Carley and Trent and Lilly doing?? I worry about you guys at home and pray for you always!! Please let me know how everyone is doing! I have some fun pictures for you this week that I think you will enjoy! As far as this week went let me share with you....
     TUESDAY: Was sister Alders last day so we spent the day visiting people in the ward and she was saying her goodbyes to them.. She had tons of people she wanted to say goodbye to because she has been here for a good 6 months. Then she packed that night too. It was kind of just a boring day!
     WEDNESDAY: We sent sister Alder off! She is now in Lake Mills.  I am super excited to be in a companionship and no longer in a trio. Tuesday was the day without the GPS.. We had to put all the addresses in it and get that whole thing filled up!  (I forgot my old planner that has what I did last week so I am having a hard time remembering) OH! We had a really good lesson with a new investigator named Tami. We taught her the restoration. It was a really great lesson.. she has a few concerns, but she liked what we taught her. We have not followed up yet, but we plan on stopping by soon to talk to her and visit her (we didn't get her phone number..whoops we forgot….but we will go and stop by and see her instead of calling) But she was really awesome!
    THURSDAY: A day full of tracting and visiting less actives. It was cool because we were able to visit 3 less actives that we haven't been able to get in with before.  It was awesome to be able to go and visit and talk to them because they have not wanted missionaries to come before this!  My favorite was this sweet 70 year old black lady named Mary! She was so funny and was missing almost all of her teeth and she has a sweet accent! Tracting was not very successful but we were able to teach some lessons, and we were able to pray with some people which is always nice. One of the less actives that we visited was a lesbian. (creepy) That’s all I can say. I wanted out the minute we went IN! She does not plan to come back to church ever, obviously because she is gay and the controversy with that! She told us that the Mormons are all mean  because they don't accept her. Then she was so excited because we were as tall as her? She grabbed our hands and said “I just want to hold your hands"…and she would not let go of them.... Sister Hancock and I made eye contact... and got out of there as soon as we could! Ha ha ha What a day! We ate at Magdalena’s that night  (lady in the Spanish branch) with the Spanish elders as well. It was weird food. Spanish food is ALWAYS so interesting!
      FRIDAY: We weekly planned.
     SATURDAYSaturday morning we had a member MTC training session/workshop to help members get involved! Man it is so important to have members involved in the missionary work! Then we had a lesson with a lady named Jessica, new investigator.. but she wasn't home. :( So, that fell through! We have been really trying so hard to tract and it really hasn't been working. We tracted ALL day on Saturday and we didn't find anyone new. People were not interested. We have not lost our faith though! We know that if we continue to work hard we are going to find someone.. multiple people to teach! :) So, we are just going to keep pushing ourselves.  We know if we keep working hard that Heavenly Father will guide us. I wish I had people to tell you about, but unfortunately right now we don't have any investigators.
    SUNDAY: I prayed on Sunday in sacrament in the Spanish Branch.... IN SPANISH! Ha ha It was pretty crazy.. Everyone told me I did such a good job and that I had a good accent. Ha ha  I was so nervous! So nervous that my palms were sweating! Man oh man! But, I did it and it turned out really good! I will have to pray for you guys in Spanish when we Skype on Mother’s Day! I can’t wait to talk and see you guys on skype! I miss you all a lot and its going to be so much fun to chat.
      Over all my week has been really good! I’m SO happy to be a missionary! It makes me so happy! My companion tells me that sometimes you have a moment where you just come to realize.. “What the heck, I am a missionary!” I had one of those moments for the first time yesterday!... It was such an over powering feeling. I was just so happy. I’m so grateful for the testimony that I’ve been able to gain from this gospel and from being a missionary.  I love my Savior so much and I’m so grateful for Him in my life. I love the Book of Mormon! Every morning I look forward to diving into the wonderful Book of Mormon! I’m able to read and learn so much every day.  I love how my knowledge is growing! I understand what I read now:) It’s crazy!  I just feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life and it is such a privilege to be a missionary and to be able to share this gospel with others! I want you guys to read Enos this week. (don't worry guys only 1 chapter) ;) It is all about prayer and prayer by faith! I loved it.. It has helped me with my prayers everyday AND TO help me realize the importance of praying in faith! It is AWESOME!
   Well, I hope you have a wonderful week! I’m praying for you always and I love you all SO much!!!!!! Have a wonderful week:) I can’t wait to talk to you guys on may 11th. It is going to be a great day! xoxoxo.
love always: Sister Cosgrove... :)




1 comment:

  1. You poor person, having to deal with people who know the truth about Mormonism. It's quite probable I know more about it than you and I'm Jewish. That said, you'd never get me to apostatize from my faith (which you try to get people to do in violation of your 11th Article of Faith).

    ReplyDelete