Tuesday, April 1, 2014

M A R C H 3 1

Hello Sweet Family!
Oh mom thank you so much for letting me know about everything that is going on at home! I really do love to hear how everything and everyone is doing! 

I truly do love to sit here in the library and laugh and cry as I read about you at home! It really is the best thing to do to start my Monday mornings off with! I love all your funny stories and just hearing about how everyone is doing!  I can’t wait to get a copy of Carley and trent's talk, I’m sure they did wonderful! When I have heard them speak in the past they have done so great so I am sure they were both so amazing! Oh how yummy that sounds for a nice Sunday meal! I miss your cooking mom. So much! I eat some rather “interesting” things out here. People just have weird taste buds or something…haha I dunno?? Yesterday for dinner we had a meat loaf pot pie. Imagine that! Imagine me! My favorite...NOT!!! haha the worst thing ever! But, you would all be so proud of me! I ate it with a smile and without any gagging. That is so funny about Conner. Helping Newman out with his hole digging. Too funny!
            
Man you all need to get better! I pray for your health everyday! Mom I’m doing fine! Yesterday and Saturday I had some kind of weird stomach pain going on! It was like higher in my stomach not really low, ha just kind of wierd...I took some tums all day... and I’m doing a lot better today! My cough is about gone, so you don't need to worry about me. I cough every once in a while but that's normal, sometimes you just get an itch! haha Don’t worry about me...sounds like I need to be worried about you noobs at home! Ha just kidding.. I’m praying for you and I really hope you guys get better SOON! It’s no fun not being healthy!
            
Oh Cade and his hair. What a rascal! I’m sure he looks fabulous for all the babes at Lakeridge. That is too funny that he made you show the picture. Either way, could you not have picked a picture with a guy with a shirt on?? So creepy! I’m glad you guys just laughed about it though. I miss laughing with you guys! You’re both cute. That is so cool about the prom dress Mom! So fun! I’m so glad that you were able to sell it to someone who loves it so much! It sure was a pretty dress! I’m happy that they loved it, I know how excited I was when we found it for me to wear! I asked my companions if they knew that elder whose sister bought it and they said that they did! So fun to be able to find people that you know that are here! Speaking of…Some elders in my district know elder Kocherhans that is serving here! And my companions both do too! I wonder if I’ll ever meet him?!
           
 I want you to all know how much I love you!  Carley, I love you so much, you are such an example to me!  Trent I love you too, take care of Car for me!  Also, you better send me a picture of your tummy SOON!  Coco how is my cutie pie Oliver doing?  You are such a great Mom and Oliver is so lucky to have you for a Mommy!  I love you Court.  Brett I love you too, take care of Coco and Oliver!  Buddy, man oh man I miss you!  I just want you to know that I think you are incredible!  I can’t wait to hear about Ball, and how you’re doing WORK!!!  You got to work hard and put the effort in! 
            
Mom I LOVED THE PACKAGE! That was so cute mom! I love the watch too! Let me tell you I’m already sick of my wardrobe;) surprise??;) haha So, when I get a new watch like that it  is so nice to be able to switch things up a little…so adorable!  I have already worn it! Thanks again for the package it was really sweet! I also LOVED the letter package! The one with all the letters from friends and family! That was so awesome! I love letters and hearing from you all at home. It is the best!  I had the best time ever reading what people said :) so sweet of them! I’m grateful for all the love and support that I have. It means the world to me that everyone took the time to write to me. Camilla’s was so sweet! I may send her a letter home... if so please give it to her. (Miss my little sunbeams) It was awesome to hear from the kocherhans. Always so good to hear from Ruth and Chelsea and Tom’s made me laugh!  I appreciate Tami’s email and everyone’s!  It just was so awesome to read the wonderful messages from all my friends and family! I am so grateful for all of your wonderful influences in my life.  I could not be more blessed.  Thank you again EVERYONE!  I LOVE YOU ALL!

I wrote you a letter and I think I sent it Friday or Saurday? So you should be getting it in the next day or so! Yay!! Yes mom I sent Austin his birthday package, I actually sent it today! We are going to be busy this week and I wouldn't have another chance to get it to the post office, so I just sent it off today. Hopefully he isn't a rascal and opens it earlier then his birthday! But yeah, that's all taken care of!

Dad asked what a “typical day is like” in the life of Sister Cosgrove, well I’m g going to tell you what a typical day is like:  We wake up at 6:30 a.m. every morning, and can I just say..Holy smokes, I’m TOO sleepy in the mornings, but somehow I manage to get out of bed.  Then we go to the basement and we have until 7:30 a.m. to work out.  We almost always pick one of the workouts from the book you made me Mom!   It is really so stinking nice to have that book.  We love it!  So as of right now we have an hour to work out! But soon it will only be a half hour. (When the weather is not freezing Wisconsin weather anymore we can get out sooner and so work out time is cut)  Anyway, then at 7:30 a.m. Sister Alder and I have an hour to get ready and eat, while Sister Hancock does personal study.  Then at 8:30 a.m. Sister Alder and I have personal study until 9:30 a.m.  Then, at 9:30 a.m. we all have companion study for an hour until 10:30 a.m.  Then at 10:30 a.m. we do “The 12 week Training Program”…for me J  It’s a program where we watch some films and do role plays.  This is for my first 12 weeks out here in the field for training.  We do that until 11:30 a.m.  Then we eat lunch at 11:30 ‘ish and have lunch until around 12:30 pm ‘ish.  Then we leave our house, depending if we have appointments scheduled, we will go to our appointments, teach investigators, etc.  Once our appointment or appointments are done we will go visit the less actives, or we may do some service!  It really just depends if we have appointments and things scheduled or not.  Then, in our gaps we find people…this is when TRACTING comes in!!  So we tract and do surveys to try and find people we can make appointments with so we can come back to teach them!  Then depending on what is scheduled etc. sometime between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. we eat dinner.  If we have a dinner appointment we will go to that, if not we come home and have an hour for dinner.  After dinner we will do the same as the afternoon, go to appointments, visit less actives, do service, or tract and try to find new investigators.  Then we come home at 9:00 p.m.  We plan for the next day for half an hour until 9:30 p.m.  We then have an hour to get ready for bed, write in our journals, etc.  We then go to bed at 10:30 p.m. and wake up the next day……AND REPEAT! J J  I hope that gives you a pretty good idea of what my days consist of.

Okay, so the Women’s Conference/Broadcast was incredible!! It was hard to be away from you Mom, just because we have watched it together every year since I was in young womens. So yeah it was a little tough for me, but it was so amazing! The messages that were shared really touched me and made me want to be a better person and be a better missionary. The messages really helped me and my companions. We had a struggle this week and so to be able to listen to the talks and realize some things we were struggling with and to be able to talk to each other about it really helped and strengthened our relationship! OH MAN I CAN’T WAIT UNTIL CONFERENCE! (Tell cade to watch it and to take notes... haha ) Anyways, I had “a little moment” when President Eyring was speaking and he said “Some of you are with your Moms, turn to them and tell them thank you". At that moment I burst into tears. I just felt so much gratitude for you Mom! I just want to thank you now because I couldn't at that moment. I want to thank you for being you! For loving me no matter what I do. For being an example of such a strong person! For having a testimony and a love for the gospel. ..... For just being you!  You are my hero. I love you Mom and I want to thank you for all you do!!!

So, let me tell you a little about my week real quick! There isn't much to tell.. We struggled this week! It’s probably been the hardest week so far!

Michelle: So we met with her on Wednesday of last week! The lesson went really well. She said she would be baptized. The only problem that we are dealing with is that she is a care giver for her mother who is really sick. She can’t leave her side and her mother refuses to come to church. So, Michelle has not come yet. We are praying that her mom has a change of heart and we are going to continue to teach her and just love her. She is just very sensitive about her mom and thinks that we don't understand. Hopefully we can let her know that we do and reassure her that we are here to help her and love her. I told her exactly that at the end of our last lesson. It made her cry! I really think she just needs to be loved and we just need to continue to pray for her and pray for a change of heart with her Mom.

Joann: We are continuing to teach her, she is SO adorable. She still is having a hard time remembering and stuff, but she is trying, and we are trying, and we are praying for her:)
On Friday night we helped the hoarder! haha mom her name is Pamela! Sorry I never let you know what her name was:) Anyways,Friday night we helped her pack up and clean some more. Then Saturday morning was moving day! We went in the morning and packed up vans and got her pretty much out. I can’t tell you how much stuff she has! geeze! haha we finally got her out though and I’m looking forward to calling her this week to hopefully set up an appointment to teach her! I’m grateful for the experience we were able to have by helping her!

Throughout the week we visited some less actives. I want to tell you an experience we had with a less active named Diane. So, we go to her apartment and she buzzes us in. We knock on her door and she opens the door with no pants on! My eyes go straight down and I realize she is not wearing pants hahahahaha I look at my companions, and they just smile at me. Diane then says.. “Well looks like I should go put my pants on.” She was wearing depends. haha JUST depends…a big diaper. Well anyways, that was just interesting and super funny! She ended up being so sweet and we had a wonderful lesson with her! My highlight of the week was for sure the Women’s Conference. We went to the stake center in Milwaukee to watch it. All the women in the stake met there to watch it. Before the conference we had a workshop there that was nice too! We have our first zone conference tomorrow:) No Dad I haven't been asked to speak yet. I have bore my testimony in the Spanish Branch, but that's all:) Yeah Dad we just have 1 ward. Racine isn't big enough or have enough members to make another ward! So that's why we need to work hard and find people! So we are in our ward and then we are also in the Spanish branch! I’m not good with the Spanish! haha I just say “Hola!” and hug the members! haha So, hopefully I can catch on to some Spanish soon:

Thank you for writing me Dad! It’s so good to hear from you! I love you so much and your such an example to me! Take care of everyone at home! I just want you to all know how much I love you! Know that I’m always praying for you all. You all mean so much to me! Thank you for the love and support! I love hearing from you all! Know that I’m doing pretty well here in good old Racine! I can’t wait to talk to you guys next week. Enjoy your week and know that I’m always thinking about you!  I am grateful families can be together forever!  Be safe!

I LOVE YOU ALL  xoxoxoxoxo 
-sister cosgrove  A.K.A.  The Ginge!! 
The scripture is 2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment