Thursday, August 13, 2015

4TH OF JULY - M I S S I O N A R Y S T Y L E


Monday, July 7, 2014



Hello Sweet Family!

I hope that you got all my pictures, I had a lot this week so I hope that you enjoy them! I got all your fun pictures from the 4th and it looks like you all had a really good time! Mom that sandwich thing looks incredible!! How I miss your cooking! You all look so cute.. some of those pictures that you sent me cracked me up..Little pheebs and newie are adorable.  Man alive! Also the pictures of Cade and Carley are just so cute and of Trent! I love seeing you all.. sometimes I forget what you guys look like..kidding ;) Carley you look super cute but you look like you are about to pop....wait you are!!!!! Ah! I cant wait.. Cade I am totally digging the 4th of July outfit.. nice and festive! super cute:) Buddy you are so TALL! I can’t believe it. Stop growing up okay??  You are growing up and looking so cute, all the girls are going to be crazy over you!
     Mom you guys are in Canada this week?? How fun! I 
remember you telling me you guys were going but I didn't think you were going so soon! You guys are there now? How fun! I will be excited to hear from you next week to know how the trip was!
    My week was really good... time is just flying out here.. I can’t believe we are coming to the end of another transfer... next week are transfers again! I don't know what is going to happen.. I think I have a chance of being transferred..:/ The thought kind of scares me because I really love it here and don't want to leave! But, it’s up to the Lord. I will find out on Saturday if I am leaving or staying. I will keep you posted and let you know on Monday what is going to happen:)
     This week was a really successful week. Here in the mission we have been putting a BIG focus on the Book of Mormon and handing out as many as we could! It has really been working and people have been interested and willing to let us come back and talk to them more about the Book of Mormon and our church! This past week we found 11 new investigators... !!! Super awesome;) We have appointments with them this week. We really hope that when we go to see them they are there, Lots of time they say "yes you can come back..." and we set up an apt and then they are not there... or its a fake address:) but, we will see and hopefully we will be able to start to teach some of these potentials that we found. The Book of Mormon is so powerful and really can touch the hearts of people! It is incredible:)
     So this week we did a lot of finding.. we have been like I said focusing on handing out Books of Mormon. We met and were able to talk to a lot of people... :) I love talking to people. The people we meet are awesome.. We met a lady named Danna the other day and I asked her if I could tell her a little bit about the Book of Mormon.. at first she was really hesitant and said.. "okay I will humor you".. so I started to tell her about it and her personality changed right away.. she was really interested and told us at the end that she was interested and that she would like to go to church if she had a reason to go! It is so amazing how the spirit works. The spirit really is there with us to help testify and help soften people’s hearts:) we meet with her this week and really hope that goes well. That is just one of the many miracles we have seen in Racine!  Things have been really good. Just the little things that we are seeing, like this story are examples that Heavenly Father loves us and is softening the hearts of the people in Racine;) I love being part of this wonderful work!
     On Wednesday this week we played volleyball with the Spanish branch and it was super fun:) We also are playing today for p-day with the other missionaries and I am pumped.. I really like playing!

     Thursday Celeste Calderwood had a ballet performance and they invited us to go watch her......it was fun to be able to see her so happy and she was super cute and did a good job!........She is 16 almost 17.

Sister Cosgrove, Celeste Calerwood, Sister Hancock & Sister Ruiz after the ballet performance.


The 4th of July was good! Mom let me just start off by thanking you for the wonderful package that you sent to us!! That was seriously the cutest thing ever. I LOVED THE SHIRTS.. and everything in it was so fun... I wore one of the shirts on the 4th, and the next one the next day:) they are just perfect! It is so nice to get short sleeve shirts because its wicked hot and humid here! Seriously I just loved them.. the shoes too…thank you thank you! My other ones are rough so to have these new ones is just perfect! For the 4th we went over to The Riley family in the ward and had a barbeque for lunch... we had steak and corn and grilled pinapple.. SO GOOD! We were spoiled for sure... after that we drove.. (somewhere?? Ha ha I am not sure what the place was called but it was an hour or so away) and had a Mexican 4th celebration with the branch, then we drove home.  We had to be back in  our apartments at 9:30... so, when we got home we took some pictures with the fun stuff in the package you sent and did some sparklers and poppers.. and then went to bed:)  Holidays on the mission are different.. but, it was a fun day and I am grateful for the love and support from the ward and branch!

   Saturday we had to clean our apartment and pack and get ready to move back in with the Briggs.  We were SUPER excited to move back in with them and we were able to do that on Saturday yay!! We also had dinner with Sister Umhoefer on Saturday and we had brats. So brats are big here... and I don't like them much!!! :(ever since it has been nice and “summery” outside the brats come out and that is what they feed us.. (they are these nasty fat hot dogs.. haha and they look nasty inside)... I would rather just eat a normal hotdog.. but no.. people here are CRAZY about there brats.. haha

      Sunday was awesome we had a really spiritual testimony meeting.. I bore my testimony in sacrament and it was really good. Sitting in the stands my heart was beating and I knew.. I needed to get up:) It was good. Being a missionary is so incredible. I love to see the change that we as missionaries bring into peoples lives. This gospel truly is incredible and changes people and brings them closer to the Savior.. How amazing to be part of this wonderful work:) I LOVE IT!

     Thank you mom so much for all you do. You are incredible. Carley is ready any day now to have her baby isn't she? I can’t wait to see the new angel. How is Coco and Brett doing??

    I love you all so much and pray for you every night! Preachy Sister Cosgrove for a second.. I hope that you are all reading the Bbook of Mormon together. I can promise you that as you do you, you will see the blessings that Heavenly Father has for you! I am nearing the end of the Book of Mormon and I love it.. through reading this incredible book I have grown closer to my heavenly father and I know that you all can as well. You are all so awesome, keep being cute and know that I miss and love you all to pieces:)

xoxoxox
-Sister Cosgrove
     

Happy 4th of July from Sister Ruiz, Sister Cosgrove & Sister Hancock
Sister Cosgrove enjoyed the 4th of July "Missionary Style"!




No comments:

Post a Comment