Saturday, June 21, 2014

H A P P Y F A T H E R S D A Y

Decided to make a yummy stir fry! {Please understand this is the first meal I’ve cooked so far.. and so I’m cutting some peppers up and some chicken (I HAVE NEVER COOKED CHICKEN BEFORE  haha) and I cut my finger...I’m such a dork…OBVIOUSLY I need some more practice so I don't cut my fingers off. Ha ha}  I was really proud because this dinner ACTUALLY TURNED OUT REALLY YUMMY!  Quinoa, chicken, peppers and mushrooms!


Hello sweet family!

This week was a really good one! I just wanted to start off by saying how much I love being a missionary. I love sharing with people about this incredible gospel that we have! What joy it brings to me and how grateful I feel to be able to share it will people who really need it in their lives:)

Yes mom I got your letter and your package and can I just say thank you so much! That was the most adorable package! You always know how to do things up so nice and cute! Such good talks and yummy m&m's…just everything was so awesome:) Sister Ruiz loved it and told me she loved it and asked me to thank you! Sister Hancock liked hers too.  Sounds like you guys are all doing good at home! Sounds like it was a good week, full of lots of basketball. (ha ha your story about Carley made me laugh! where she screamed so hard and loud that she said she almost put herself in labor. haha so funny:) That is so awesome though about Cade’s winning shot.. a buzzer beater eh?? Atta boy buddy!!!  I wish I could have been there to see it!  Thank you mom for the update about my babies.. (pheebs and newman!) By the way I was able to watch the video:) so cool!! Ha ha My favorite thing was hearing your voice Mom! I pulled out my ear phones and was able to here you talking to Newman.. I loved it! I laughed too because Newwy is HUGE!!! I just loved it:) I also loved the pictures of you and the grapes. You look so cute mom, you are just beautiful! {Cotton candy grapes eh??!} They sound fabulous!  Thank you again for the update about home and also for the pictures and the video, it is so much fun for me to look at that stuff!  I figured out what I am going to do for Austin, so I will send pictures when I get it finished.  It should be fun to put together!
So as for my week... It was really good!

Tuesday: We had a zone training that was really good! Such a good way to start off my week! It is always good to be able to have a good training to get you focused and motivated! That was the highlight of my day for sure:) We talked about loving our areas and leaving our areas better then we came to them. We also talked about keeping our covenants that we have made!  It was just a super good way to start the week!

Wednesday: We were invited to an inactive members house for turkey sandwiches. Her name is sister Vallin and she hasn't been to church in 10 years. We are really trying to work to get in with her! It was cool because she just randomly invited us over, so we now are seeing her start to open up to us a bit which is really good! Also, her husband is not a member, so she kind of talked to us about possibly teaching him:) We will see! Then we went to Bethesda to do service.. {Cade guess what song was on the radio there that I got to listen to?.. TIMBER!! Ha ha made me think of you buddy boy and of us jamming in the car to it!}

Thursday: We had another appointment with a less active member. We have never gone to see her before. She is really less active. It was good, we shared a message and then we helped her make some enchiladas:)  Her husband is not a member! It is really awesome because we have been getting in to see less active members that have people in their family who are not members, so we may get the opportunity to teach them:) Super exciting! After that we had a day full of weekly planning! We were calling everyone from the ward list trying to make appointments with members and less active members. It is so important that we have ward involvement! [that is not a strength in the Racine ward!]  We find it helpful to make appointments with the members so we can get to know them more and have their support…. and then come the referrals:) It is good to get to know the ward! As we get to know the members they become like family to us!

Friday: We had an appointment with a man named Johney.  We taught him the restoration and about the Book of Mormon. He is a little on the edge.  He did say that he is kind of interested and he said he would read it and let us know if he would let us come back…so we will:) He is really awesome and super nice. We also picked up 2 potential investigators, one named Ebony and one named Maria. We meet with them this week so I will let you  know if anything further happens with them:) Then that night we went to the Cabralas family to celebrate Annapualas birthday.  She is their daughter and is super cute! This is a family from the Spanish Branch. It was super fun… we had cake and pizza.. and not going to lie…. We were able to catch a glimpse of the world cup... ;) ha ha Just like 5 minutes... and then the Dad turned it off. We shared a thought and sang some church songs. {not going to lie… it was pretty sweet to see the game for a bit! Anyone at home watching the world cup?? I kind of wish I could be watching it.. but that's beside the point:) ha ha

Saturday: We went to sister Vallin’s house again and helped her to hang this sheet like thing on her ceiling... (she is making a playroom because she does day care and so we helped her hang that!)   Then we went to another less active members house named sister Gamble and we helped her pull weeds:) Service filled morning! So, the highlight of my week was Saturday afternoon! So we met a potential investigator last week and his name is Sean.  He  is a 15 year old boy. He reminds me of cade.  He is the coolest kid!  We set a return appointment last week for this week and we  were able to teach him on Saturday! He told us that he had been reading the Book of Mormon and that he had some questions.  We taught him a lesson that went really well.  Sean is a really smart boy!  So intelligent!  He is home schooled….and he is a “thinker”.  He asked us some tough questions that we did not know the answers to, so we wrote them down and told him that they were great questions…and that we will tell him the answers next time we meet with him and that we can talk more about them then.  Like I said,  he is a thinker but he was very positive and interested in learning more. We will be meeting with him this Saturday and we are so excited:) It is so exciting when someone tells you that they are reading The Book of Mormon! It is so amazing! (if people read it they will just have to know that its true!) We have high hopes for him and are so excite to meet with him again this weekend:) Then Saturday night we played soccer with the Spanish branch again... All I can say is… so FUN! I truly love playing and I SCORED some goals which was FUN! *I also took some corner kicks.. haha  oh the good old days.. corner kicking:) (Caitlyn’s big corner kicks…love me some corner kicks! ha too funny!)

Sunday: It was a really tender and emotional day for me. Having to be away from dad was really hard. :( We had really good talks in both of our wards and it just filled me with joy and gratitude. I’m so grateful to have a wonderful dad who loves me no matter what! I am so blessed and I am so grateful for all that you have taught me dad.  I LOVE YOU!  Mom, please give dad a BIG hug for me:)

This morning (Mondaywe had a wonderful lesson with Beverly again! She is so awesome... The spirit again was so strong… It is crazy but I can see a change in her already. She read the Book of Mormon and was really positive and excited with what we taught her. We taught her the restoration and she was positive and happy!  She keeps telling us how happy and grateful she is for this knowledge and for the blessings she has and for how her life is changing!  We were able to invite her to be baptized and she said yes! Things are looking really good with her:) I feel so blessed to be able to teach her.. I just love her a lot! We meet with her again this Thursday.. and I couldn't be more excited and happy about that;)

So, over all I had a really good week! I can’t even explain to you how grateful I am to be a missionary!  I love it!  I love all of you so much and I am so grateful for your encouragement, your  prayers and your support!  You are in my prayers ALWAYS!!!  I can’t wait to talk to you again next week. xoxoxox

-sister cosgrove.

Annapaula's Birthday Party:) ha ha Lots of Fun!!! {QUITE the Celebration!! :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment