Friday, May 16, 2014

H A P P Y M O T H E R S D A Y

Hola cute family!
Man oh man It was so stinken good to Skype with you all yesterday! It was so fun! It almost seems unreal to me! I love you all to pieces! Thank you all for the love and support that you give me.  Just think about 7 months and we will be doing that again!! That is what I had to tell myself as we were logging off! It was hard to hang up! I didn't want all your cute faces to go away!:)  Since we talked yesterday I don't have that much to say today, so I’ll give you a quick run down of what my week looked like last week:) 
Tuesday: So on Tuesday we had district meeting and then we went on exchanges! Sister Peterson came with me and sister Hancock went to Kenosha with sister Tanner! It was good to be with sister Peterson, she was sweet and helped me learn which is always so good:) While on exchanges with her we found 3 new investigators! Johnny, Karli, and Alexandra! It was a really successful night!
Wednesday: We went and did service at Bethesda and then we switched back from exchanges, so I was back with my companion Sister Hancock!
Thursday: We had weekly planning! Thursday was such a wonderful day! We tracted using family history like I was telling you guys when we skyped. It actually worked.. it was so amazing how that opened the door to talk about families!  People like to hear how families are a big deal in our church and like to talk about family history and share their history with us.  It just is such a great way to meet people and to find people. It worked really well.. we were so happy and felt so blessed! We picked up a new investigator named Connie, and had like 6 other lessons taught in just an hour! So many people were listening and I feel like multiple seeds were planted:) It is nights like these where I just love being a missionary and sharing the gospel! That night we had dinner with the Carlings.. tacos with AVOCADOS! my fav...;)
Friday: We had some appointments with our investigators.. but unfortunately some of them were not there:( we had Spanish with sister Calderwood that evening) but before we went to our Spanish lesson we decided to stop by a less active in the Spanish branch. We didn't know but she didn't speak English AT ALL! We knocked on her door and she came to the door bawling. We didn't know what to do! She managed to say in English...."my dad died" We didn't know what to do so we told her we would be right back and we went and got sister Calderwood to bring her back so she could translate and help us comfort this lady! We came back and were there for about an hour talking to her and comforting her. She was so grateful that we had come and knocked on her door and was so grateful to us for coming back with Sister Calderwood.  She said that she was so grateful for us and for the peace and the spirit that we brought into her home. That she was so grateful for us finding her when she needed someone so bad.  It is so incredible how the spirit works!  That night we did some cross stitching with a less active member named sister Lee! She is really awesome and she has been to church 3 weeks in a row!
Saturday: We had an appointment with our investigator Connie! We taught her the restoration and taught her about the book of Mormon and she was super sweet but kept comparing it to the Catholic church  (that is what she is) It was kind of hard, but she was sweet and we are going back.. so we will see if she read and prayed liked we asked her to.. and we will see how she is feeling:) We did some more finding that day and found Mary who we have an appointment with this Thursday! I can’t wait!! Then that night we had dinner with Stella and her family!
Sunday: I GOT TO TALK TO YOU GUYS! Such a fun time.  I just can’t explain how grateful I am for you all. You are all such wonderful examples to me and I love you dearly!  Thank you so much for supporting me and helping me..and encouraging me to serve a mission.  I am grateful for this gift.
Well sweet family I’m praying for you always!  I hope that Carley, Courtney, and Mom all had a wonderful Mother’s Day! I know I had a wonderful Mother’s Day.. and I am not even a mom:)  because I got to talk to you guys! 
Have a wonderful week! I look forward to emailing again next week!!! I’ll send some pictures now:)
xoxoxo
-Sister Cosgrove!

No comments:

Post a Comment