Monday, March 24, 2014

B A P T I S M W E E K E N D

I look forward to Mondays! This week has been a pretty good week to say the least! I just want to start off by letting you know that Mom yes I did get the “grocery package” and i LOVED It!! It’s funny because I got food on Monday and there was no peanut butter or honey involved! So, when I opened the package I was just so happy and excited because I knew what I was having for breakfast:) (Honey and Peanut Butter Toast, my favorite!!!) Anyways, thank you mom that was such a cute package I just loved it! Also, I got a cute St Patrick’s package from Ruth! That was so cute and thoughtful of her. Mom, please let her know again how much I appreciated it and that I love her!!! You both are the best. I love you mom! Thank you for sending me the package!

Sounds like you have had an enjoyable weekend! I’m glad you guys were able to make that lovely show of Chans again! That was fun last time, and full of lots of laughs that’s for sure:) Channy is cute, and such a talented dancer! I really am so glad that you had a good time! Man that’s one thing that I miss the most being out here is the Sunday dinners together! I miss our eventful dinners full of laughs and memories. I miss playing games and just chilling. Anyways, Carley Victoria Mom says that you are a cute “little prego” and I want a picture ASAP!! I need monthly photos so that I feel like I’m not out of the loop! So, as soon as you can send me a belly picture, k? Sweet thanks!

So, food wise we just buy like things we want individually, and then we share milk, eggs, and butter...just stuff like that!  This week we have been fed lotst actually! Which isn’t good… I’ve ate some nasty things guys! Ha ha I have figured out that I’m really picky! My companions tell me all the time! “Geeze Sister Cosgrove you are picky”! ha ha I’ve learned something too..Never watch them prepare the food… sooooo groosss!! We ate at a Sister’s house on Monday and we had like pork, but when she put it on the plate the whole plate filled up with blood. It was like pork floating in blood. So sick. I can’t believe I got that down! Before I left the car to go into her house I said a little prayer because I was nervous to see what we were going to be given to eat! We also ate dinner with a lady that is less active in the ward. She made “Potato Enchiladas” and that was interesting?! Ha ha We also ate at a member’s house and had a good potato and cheese dish. It was good. Then last night we ate at the Briggs ( the members we live with. I really love them! They are so sweet!)  Anyways, needless to say, I’m being fed, even though it’s not really my ideal meal (Mom’s meals) I’m hanging in there and I’m not starving:)

So I don’t really know what investigators I told you about last week?? So I’ll do my best to update you on the ones that we have for this week:) Michelle: She is the crazy one who thinks she can talk to spirits. We met with her again and the lesson was a little out of hand....one of my companions offended her, but we were able to sort of get it under control and we are going to meet with her again this week... at least she is letting us come back! We are trying, but she is crazy!  Please pray for her, and for us!

Joann: I don’t know if I have told you about her but she is an 80 year old woman who I’m IN LOVE WITH! She is the sweetest lady I know. She came to church yesterday and found a friend and she is just great. The only problem is that she forgets really easily.. So we have taught her the same lesson 3 times in a row:) .... but it worked! When we came to see her she had written everything down about what she had read in the book of Mormon and had it set on the couch ready to share with us. She is adorable and we are just trying to help her remember. She is so funny. We talked to her about being baptized and she didn’t like the idea because “she doesn’t want to get her hair wet!” Ha ha


Eric: ERIC IS BAPTIZED:) Like I said, I was not too involved. I was able to teach him about tithing and fasting and we went over baptism questions.  Even though I was not too involved, I still feel a part of it! He is so awesome! I will be sending you some pictures of him and us, I’ll email you some and print some off at walmart and send them to you today! What an incredible experience..I feel very blessed and humbled to be able to be part of Eric’s journey and life.

We helped Pamela again this week. Her house still smells terrible but, she is really grateful and we are excited to start hopefully teaching her as soon as she is all moved out!
     
So, I haven’t told you guys, but we help out with the Spanish Branch too! So, on Sunday we go to  the Spanish Sacrament at 11 and then our ward at 1! I love the Spanish Branch President. He reminds me alot of you Dad! He is just so cool and funny and he jokes around with us alot! We went to his house for a Birthday gathering yesterday. The whole Branch was there and it was so much fun! I can’t explain to you how loving Spanish people are. They are the best!  It was so much fun last night! I ate raw fish too! :o Ha ha (I know the fact I ate fish period besides tuna!) President Calderwood made us try it, and to be honest… it wasn’t too shabby! Anyways I truly do love the Spanish branch already!

We are also learning Spanish! GOSH!!  I’m no good because I’ve only been to one lesson.(President Calderwood’s wife teaches us every Thursday) I’m excited to go and continue to learn more this week and each week!  It is such an amazing experience and blessing to be able to learn Spanish and be part of the Spanish Branch!)  Wow eh?!  Who would have thought?!  Anyways family, I’m doing pretty well!  Thank you for all your prayers!  Please continue to pray for all our investigators and for us missionaries! I want you to all know how much I love and care about you!!! I pray for your EVERYDAY!!! Thank you mom for keeping me updated on everything that’s going on at home! Ps. how were Dad’s Dr. appointments?? How is buddy doing :)? I love you all and can’t wait to talk to you guys next week! I’ll be sending a letter today with anything that I forgot to tell you! I love you guys so much!! Start reading the book of Mormon if you are not already! That is my challenge to all of you! Make a commitment to read it everyday! I promise that it will bring you closer to Heavenly Father, closer together as a family and it will bring happiness into the home, so read!! :) I love you so much!!!!!!

---Sister Cosgrove

No comments:

Post a Comment