Thursday, August 20, 2015

GOOD-BYE RACINE...HELLO FOND DU LAC

Monday, July 21, 2014

Good bye Racine....Hello Fond du Lac



#1.  Saying good-bye to Sister Hancock :( #2.  Cute planner Sister Hancock make me  #3.  Hello Fond du Lac! (SO PRETTY!)  #4.  "Quick, let's take a picture!  If we don't my mom will be mad I did not send her one of us!" ;) *taken today*


Dear Family, 


WOW, can I just say it was crazy news when I opened up my email this afternoon! THE BEST NEWS!!! I can't believe that Car Car had her baby! Out here on the mission you lose track of time. I did not realize that it was time for her to have her baby! Let me just start off by saying thank you mom so much for all the details... you told the story so well that I felt like I was there;) I really enjoyed the pictures so much....This is really really exciting! I just want to hold that baby! Man alive! One of the rules as a missionary is that we can't hold babies... so now that I'm out here I want to hold a baby really bad... and now that you send me these adorable baby  pictures I want to HOLD LILLY!! I'm so happy for Trent and Carley.  I know that they are going to make wonderful parents for sweet Lilly. I can't wait to hear how things continue to go! It is crazy to think that I won't see the little angel until she is 1?! Let's not think about that...;) I feel so blessed. It sounds like you guys have had such a wonderful weekend with a new baby! Scary about the whole c-section thing?! But, I am so happy that everything worked out okay. I will be continually praying for the Call family:)

As far as my time goes, I am a little short on time today! We have been running around today, we had some appointments this morning so i was not able to come first thing.  We will usually be here at 10, but today we just didn't have the time to come first thing!
  
So, we had transfers on Wednesday.. I was super scared!  I was pretty much feeling sick all morning!!! It was really hard to say goodbye to Sister Hancock! Imagine that! We grew really close...we have certainly been through ups and downs together, but it was a tender goodbye! I met my new companion...sister Prestwich and she is super sweet and awesome. We have had a good couple of days together:) Fond du lac is CUTE!!! It is so different than Racine. Racine was all...city like and Fond du lac is country:)!!!! It is so beautiful! So beautiful!!! The first night that I was here we went to Brother and Sister Arndt's house for dinner and they live on a full on farm!  They have chickens... cows ducks all the farm animals.  They have a big window by their kitchen table and as I looked out the big window I am watching the chickens... (I realize that I am eating one of THEIR chickens... haha sick eh??!!!!) Yes, you could say I kinda lost my appetite a bit! It is just such a different feel here. I love the people already! 

Our apartment is SO nice!!! It is nice and big and just really nice. We have a garage, we have a washer and dryer in our apartment! It is so great too because our church is just behind our apartment:) It really is super nice, so I am really excited about the living quarters.. really nice;)

Thursday was weekly planning and I was able to TRY to learn about all the people here:) haha It is hard to learn about new people and try to get their names down, but it is also fun! Nice new fresh start! So the area just has a branch.. So I am working with the Fond du lac branch:) I cannot explain to you how incredible this branch is. THEY WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! They LOVE missionary work, and are so willing to help 100 percent of the time. They also feed you like crazy here. We are like booked up for dinners, it is just nuts! The branch just loves missionaries so much! 

We have seen alot of miracles so far here. I am starting to settle in a bit! I am doing good:) It was hard for sure leaving Racine. I was really scared to leave. I had grown close to so many people and I really grew to love them. I know they blessed my life and I am truly thankful for my time in good old Racine!  I now feel so blessed to have this wonderful opportunity to serve here in Fond du lac!  I know I am where Heavenly Father needs me and I am grateful everyday to be a missionary and do what he needs me to do!

So, here in Fond du lac we get to do service at the hospital.. We have to show them a record of our immunizations so that they know that we are all up to date.. *can you please send me my immunization records as soon as possible*  We do service on Fridays and I would love to have them by then! I had to get a tb shot and everything! It is pretty cool, we get to discharge patients! Anyway, I would really appreciate it if you could send me them as quickly as possible. 

I am so sorry that I was not able to give you lots of details today, but I am really short on time! But, know I am doing good, I am happy, and I am working hard! I want you all to know that this church is true! I witness some pretty incredible things everyday out here:) Heavenly Father loves US! He loves you all so much:) My heart is full of gratitude! What a blessing it is to be apart of this wonderful work... I love this gospel! 

I love you all and you are in my prayers:) I AM SUPER excited about Carley and Trent's new baby.. Please send them my love and don't feel shy about sending me some more pictures:) Or do not hesitate to write me...I would LOVE to hear from all of you!

xoxoxoxo
          -Sister Cosgrove


      Good-byes are always hard.  #1.  The Gamble family  #2.  Last dinner with the Majia family  #3.  Sister Maine & the "trio"

No comments:

Post a Comment