Monday, May 25, 2015

JUNE 28 -

K E E P    S M I L I N G

 Monday, June 30, 2014




Beach night.. and beach soccer with my district:)



Hello family!
Mom I decided to send you the pictures first today so that I could spend the rest of my time emailing and not have to worry about quickly sending off the pictures that I had for you! It sounds like things back home are going well! Super exciting to hear about Cades big WIN.. sounds awesome:) I am so glad that he had a fun time and that he was able to learn lots! It is always super fun to be able to get away and play and be able to have fun with your teammates! I am so glad buddy was able to have a good time. Sounds like dad is having the time of his life on this little work get away. Hanging out.. golfing.. and eating out!!?? It does not get better than that!! (Only he was only 2 and a half hours away when I was in Chicago at the temple?? WHAT THE?? ha that is crazy cool... probably the closest we will be for another 14 months.) Mom I am so glad that you were able to survive okay with everyone gone!.... I am sure you are super excited for everyone to come home but I am glad that you were able to have a good week at work and that you were able to enjoy your week! Going to Canada will be so much fun! I am sure nana and pumpa are THRILLED and preparing for your arrival already! I can’t wait to hear how that little vacation goes! Mom, thank you for your email and all the details! I really love to read and see how everyone is doing! Thank you so much for sending me those packages. You are so sweet. You never fail to make my week. I was so lucky that I was able to receive those packages from you and also carley! So, thank you! Mom the pictures turned out awesome.  Thank you for printing them for me! I sent Austin’s package. He should get it today so that's good.  I am excited for him to get it:) I will let you know what he thinks!

    My week this week was really good! In the mission we have been putting a BIG focus on the Book of Mormon and really trying to hand them out a lot! We have been busy working on that goal all week:) On Tuesday last week we met with Beverlee in the morning. We had an incredible lesson with her. We taught her the plan of salvation and it went WONDERFUL! She loved it... she was very emotional and the spirit was so strong. (Like I said in my last email, she lost her father 25 years ago and it still really hurts her.) The plan of salvation brought her a lot of peace. She was so grateful when we told her that she will see him again!!! What a special plan that we have. Teaching people really makes me stop and think how grateful and blessed I am! I love to teach and see the joy that this gospel brings into peoples lives! The lesson went really well. Beverlee has a baptism date for august 2nd. We are really praying that she will strive to prepare herself for this day. When we told her that we had prayed about a date for her she said yes.. then she opened up her Book of Mormon and wrote.. “prepare for august 2, 2014 with a heart at the end.”  I am so grateful for Beverlee and her example! She is so awesome:) Beverlee has a smoking problem, and a drinking coffee problem.  She also has a fear of stepping into a church. (We have a bit to go with her... but we have faith that she will be able to overcome these things and that she will be baptized.)  We just have to continue to pray for her, and I know that the spirit will touch her heart and she will continue to progress! We really love her and can’t wait to see her grow!

    This week we also went on exchanges with the Sister training leaders... Sister Reed came to Racine with me and Sister Ruiz and Sister Hancock went to Kenosha with Sister Tanner. My companions and I are doing good! Things are really picking up and we are seeing lots of miracles here:) I am starting to love Racine! I feel so blessed to be here and I love the people here. Tuesday night we went to Wendy’s home (a less active member) for dinner.  (the pictures I sent you are with her and her family.)  It was super fun!  They are a super sweet family and it was really great to get to know her a bit and also her family.  Caleb and Isabella were so cute. I just loved them.  Kids are the bomb. Ha ha

    On Thursday this week we had an appointment with some new investigators Patti and Saul (who are husband and wife) and are in the Spanish branch. The lesson we had with them was a little interesting. They are really open and super sweet, but when we sat down and started talking to them Saul the husband got up and brought some papers out and asked us to read them.  The papers were a letter that a friend of his wrote all about him. I guess Saul has to go to court.  He was arrested at work because he brought a machete to sharpen and another worker saw him at work. (kinda creepy and confusing??) Anyways, he wanted us to sign this paper telling the court that we knew him and that he was a really nice guy and that this was only a mistake?? We were like what the?.. We have known you for like.... a day!!!  We told him that we couldn't do that because we had rules as missionaries. (not sure he liked that much because he just walked out of the room.) We ended up just teaching his wife.. just a weird little situation that we had:) Thursday night we went to the Milner’s house for dinner.  (that is when we tried on all those wigs…ha ha super fun!)


#1. & #3. We may have got a little distracted at the Milner's house at dinner.  Sister Milner pulled out all her old wigs and we laughed and had a great time trying them all on.... (I think they look pretty stylish.. Do you think I should cut my hair like this?? I am thinking yes....;)   #2. Wendy and her little family! Cute little kids! 

      Overall it was a really good week and we were able to keep busy! Yesterday, Sunday, we were walking to a apartment where an investigator lives and all of a sudden a car pulled up beside us and attacked me with water balloons! haha It was really funny! Luckily I jumped out of the way and I didn't get too wet.. It is so funny some of the things that happen out here;) You really make some crazy memories and its just so fun to be able to laugh about it! Another thing that happened this week.. we had an appointment with Cari an investigator who requested a Book of Mormon online.  We show up at her house and knock on her door.  She is not home, then all of a sudden she pulls up on her bike sweating like crazy... as she bends over to put her bike away her pants slip half way down her bum and she had a thong on! Needless to say, after we talked to her we found out that she was CRAZY...... We are not going back to see her... We don't think she was all there.. Anyways, this morning as I am emailing, someone walks into the library.. and who is it? CRAZY CARI!! ha ha ha too funny:) My companions and I look at each other and just start laughing!  Missions are awesome!  I really do love it so much out here!

     I feel so blessed to be able to be serving my Heavenly Father! There is nothing that I would rather be doing. What a blessing it is to see the change in people as they start to come closer to Heavenly Father:) I wanted to share a scripture that I found over the past couple weeks that I really love and think is super relateable to everyone in their lives and has really helped me while I have been out here! The scripture is: Alma 36:3, its says.."and now, O my son helaman, behold thou art in thy youth and therefore I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in god shall be supported in their trials and their troubles and their afflictions and shall be lifted up at the last day."
         I wanted to share that scripture because it brings such peace to me whenever I read it.  For us to  know that when we turn to Heavenly Father and have faith in Him, He is going to give us the strength we need to get through hard times! He is always there for us, we just need to turn to Him and rely on Him and trust in Him and He will lift us up! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the power that comes from reading it. I LOVE THAT BOOK! Everyday when I read it I learn something new and it helps me to come closer to my Father in Heaven! I wanted to share this incredible scripture because its such a good reminder that He is always there for us.. and when we put our trust in Him we can get through anything.
    I LOVE YOU ALL. I am praying for you all the time. Keep being amazing, I am looking forward to talking to you next week..
xoxox
-Sister Cosgrove. :)









I    L O V E    T O    S E E    T H E    T E M P L E


Saturday, June 23, 2014
 
The Beautiful Chicago Temple

Hello family!
            I hope that you have all had a good week!  It has been a good week here in good old Racine!  I will start off by giving you a companion update.  Things are going well. I really do love Sister Ruiz.  SO MUCH!!  She is the best and has been such a blessing in our companionship and especially for me.  Sister Hancock is doing good too. I can’t believe I am almost half way done this transfer, at the end of the week it will only be 3 more weeks until transfers again!  I am almost positive Sister Hancock will be leaving Racine this next transfer.
    So like I said, my week was really good! We have been really busy with less active members! It has been really amazing working with them! It is such a blessing to be able to have appointments with less active members and to be able to get to know them, and help them become active again:) It is such an incredible feeling when a less active member comes to church for the first time in several years. So amazing! I have experienced that a couple times and it is incredible. We are just continuing to work with them to help them feel our love for them, and to help them come back! As for our investigators… Beverlee is still doing really well:) We meet with her again tomorrow. We met with her 2 times last week! She is amazing and I love her lots! We are super excited to teach her the plan of salvation tomorrow. {She is still very sad about her father’s death and I can’t wait to help her know the peace that she can feel after knowing that she will be able to see him again!! What a wonderful blessing that we can live together forever as a family}! Sean unfortunately is not progressing as we would like.  After our last lesson he told us that he just believes in the Bible and dropped us.  He did it nicely, but it is the worst being dropped.  However, we are not done with him! He did give us permission to call him next week, so hopefully he will read the Book of Mormon! I’ll let you know what happens with that! So, as of right now, we have Beverlee who is awesome and progressing! We are praying that things will continue to progress and that she will continue to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it:) I will let you know how that goes! We just love her:)  Please continue to remember Beverlee in your prayers!
     So, Wednesday this week we GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!! Man alive it was so much fun! We took the trip Wednesday afternoon to Chicago with Sister Calderwood. It was so amazing to be able to feel the spirit so strong, and just step away from missionary life for a couple hours and focus on the spirit! I loved every minute of it!  I just was so grateful for the opportunity to go to Illionois and goes to the Chicago temple!  Such a blessing, it was so awesome!  I Love the Temple! I was surprised, the Chicago Temple was super small, but it was so pretty!!  I took pictures when we were there so I will send them to you:) After going to the temple we went to a place called “oasis” which overlooks the freeway.  It is a huge glass bridge that has fast food in it. You get your food and then you can sit and be over top the freeway looking down while you eat.  It was cool and it was fun to just have lunch with Sister Calderwood:) Wednesday was also Sister Hancock’s birthday and Sister Milner took us out to  the olive garden for lunch, so yummy:)
          On Friday this week we had interviews with President! They went really well! We have been studying the atonement and we were suppose to share what we had been studying with him. It was such a wonderful experience for me to be able to study the atonement. To really focus on it and how important it really is. I am so grateful for the atonement and the enabling power that it brings into my life! I know through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can receive strength to over come hard times! We receive strength in times of trials, and through those trials and hard times we GROW! So comforting for me, especially out here on the mission! Days can be really hard, but I know that because of my Savior I can receive strength to push through and keep working hard! It was good to be able to talk to President and learn from him. He is such an amazing man and I love him! 
          So, we were informed of some really sad news this week. We went to Joann’s house, (the lady we used to be teaching) to visit her and to read with her and just to check on her and see how she has been doing. {Side note: she was at church the Sunday before June 5th.} We walked up to her house and there were people we didn't recognize in her car... We asked them if Joann was there and they informed us that she had passed away. When I found out my heart ached.  I just felt so sad.  It was really hard to get that news. I loved her so much! However, I know that she is being taught in heaven and I am sure she is accepting the gospel and is happy! She was such an amazing lady.  I am so blessed that I was able to meet Joann, that I was able to teach her, serve her, and get to know her.  Although for a short time, I know that I am a better person for having met Joann.  Like I said, it was REALLY HARD to find this news out.  Her family told us she just died in her home :( super sad.... BUT, I know that she is happy now and that she will be with her husband again!
       Mom, to answer your question, Annapuala is the daughter of Brother and Sister Cabralas.  They are a cute less active member family in the Spanish Branch. Mom, thank you so much for the package. I got that just a couple days ago and was so happy to come home to it! It was SO adorable! I love the shirt so much:) and I have the “bubble bee” pendant in my wallet.  I love to look at it and be reminded that through faith we can and will do hard things.  Not to give up but to keep pressing forward!  Thank you again for the whole package, it was just so cute and creative!:) I love you! It sounds like things are good at home.. The lonely Mom this week ehh?? Man alive home alone, calls for some chick flicks and junk food I would say!! Ha ha Sounds like buddy was set for weeks with the food you sent with him to his Colorado Basketball event.  I am sure he is going to have a blast!  Tournaments/camps are super fun!  I can’t wait to hear the details about how he played etc.  Dad is off for his athletic convention eh?! Nice, very nice, I am sure he will find some time for a little golf too! Ha ha  So you guys are going to Canada soon too eh?  Next week? The week after?  That is SO fun, I am excited for you guys to be able to go and happy you get to go see Nana and Pumpa.  Mom your office looks really pretty.  It looks like a really nice place.  Thanks for sharing the pictures with me.  It is fun to see stuff like that!  Also the video of Newman!  I am IMPRESSED!! Man he is a cutie!  How is my baby Pheebs doing?! Oh just to let you know we are having to move out of the Brigg’s home on June 28th, they have family coming that need to stay in their home.  We will be living in a ladies house in the ward who will be out of town that same week!  It is nice because we will have her apartment to ourselves!  (so it is just a temporary move….so no worries, you can all still write me and send all my many letters! ;) to our address and I will go to Brigg’s and check for mail.)  Mom, I finished Austin’s package.  I will send you a picture of it with the other pictures I send this week! Also, can you send me my tennis shoes?  The ones I got for my birthday?  Brother Briggs was being super nice and sweet…he tried to wash my sneakers, but he actually ruined them:) So I would love it if you could send the ones I have at home so I have some shoes to wear . Thanks!   Friday we had soccer with the branch again.. super fun!  It is honestly so much fun to get out and play soccer! LOVE IT!!
Description: https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

My week was really good! I am looking forward to the week ahead. I love you all so much! I hope you all have a wonderful week! You are in my prayers.  
I love you all so much:)

LOVE ALWAYS: sister cosgrove.

xoxo
"SELFIE"....Sister Hancock, Sister Calderwood, Me, and SIster Ruiz in front of the Temple.  Me in front of the temple. :)  "The Trio" at the temple.  Sister Calderwood and I in front of the temple.  I love this lady!  Pretty happy about my "Wisconsin" t-shirt.  Sister Ruiz and I eating at the Olive Garden for Sister Hancock's Birthday.









F A T H E R ' S    D A Y

Saturday, June 16, 2014

Decided to make a yummy stir fry! {Please understand this is the first meal I’ve cooked so far.. and so I’m cutting some peppers up and some chicken (I HAVE NEVER COOKED CHICKEN BEFORE  haha) and I cut my finger...I’m such a dork…OBVIOUSLY I need some more practice so I don't cut my fingers off. Ha ha}  I was really proud because this dinner ACTUALLY TURNED OUT REALLY YUMMY!  Quinoa, chicken, peppers and mushrooms!
Hello Sweet Family!

This week was a really good one! I just wanted to start off by saying how much I love being a missionary. I love sharing with people about this incredible gospel that we have! What joy it brings to me and how grateful I feel to be able to share it will people who really need it in their lives:)
Yes mom I got your letter and your package and can I just say thank you so much! That was the most adorable package! You always know how to do things up so nice and cute! Such good talks and yummy m&m's…just everything was so awesome:) Sister Ruiz loved it and told me she loved it and asked me to thank you! Sister Hancock liked hers too.  Sounds like you guys are all doing good at home! Sounds like it was a good week, full of lots of basketball. (ha ha your story about Carley made me laugh! where she screamed so hard and loud that she said she almost put herself in labor. haha so funny:) That is so awesome though about Cade’s winning shot.. a buzzer beater eh?? Atta boy buddy!!!  I wish I could have been there to see it!  Thank you mom for the update about my babies.. (pheebs and newman!) By the way I was able to watch the video:) so cool!! Ha ha My favorite thing was hearing your voice Mom! I pulled out my ear phones and was able to here you talking to Newman.. I loved it! I laughed too because Newwy is HUGE!!! I just loved it:) I also loved the pictures of you and the grapes. You look so cute mom, you are just beautiful! {Cotton candy grapes eh??!} They sound fabulous!  Thank you again for the update about home and also for the pictures and the video, it is so much fun for me to look at that stuff!  I figured out what I am going to do for Austin, so I will send pictures when I get it finished.  It should be fun to put together!
So as for my week... It was really good!

Tuesday: We had a zone training that was really good! Such a good way to start off my week! It is always good to be able to have a good training to get you focused and motivated! That was the highlight of my day for sure:) We talked about loving our areas and leaving our areas better then we came to them. We also talked about keeping our covenants that we have made!  It was just a super good way to start the week!

Wednesday: We were invited to an inactive members house for turkey sandwiches. Her name is sister Vallin and she hasn't been to church in 10 years. We are really trying to work to get in with her! It was cool because she just randomly invited us over, so we now are seeing her start to open up to us a bit which is really good! Also, her husband is not a member, so she kind of talked to us about possibly teaching him:) We will see! Then we went to Bethesda to do service.. {Cade guess what song was on the radio there that I got to listen to?.. TIMBER!! Ha ha made me think of you buddy boy and of us jamming in the car to it!}

Thursday: We had another appointment with a less active member. We have never gone to see her before. She is really less active. It was good, we shared a message and then we helped her make some enchiladas:)  Her husband is not a member! It is really awesome because we have been getting in to see less active members that have people in their family who are not members, so we may get the opportunity to teach them:) Super exciting! After that we had a day full of weekly planning! We were calling everyone from the ward list trying to make appointments with members and less active members. It is so important that we have ward involvement! [that is not a strength in the Racine ward!]  We find it helpful to make appointments with the members so we can get to know them more and have their support…. and then come the referrals:) It is good to get to know the ward! As we get to know the members they become like family to us!

Friday: We had an appointment with a man named Johney.  We taught him the restoration and about the Book of Mormon. He is a little on the edge.  He did say that he is kind of interested and he said he would read it and let us know if he would let us come back…so we will:) He is really awesome and super nice. We also picked up 2 potential investigators, one named Ebony and one named Maria. We meet with them this week so I will let you  know if anything further happens with them:) Then that night we went to the Cabralas family to celebrate Annapualas birthday.  She is their daughter and is super cute! This is a family from the Spanish Branch. It was super fun… we had cake and pizza.. and not going to lie…. We were able to catch a glimpse of the world cup... ;) ha ha Just like 5 minutes... and then the Dad turned it off. We shared a thought and sang some church songs. {not going to lie… it was pretty sweet to see the game for a bit! Anyone at home watching the world cup?? I kind of wish I could be watching it.. but that's beside the point:) ha ha

Saturday: We went to sister Vallin’s house again and helped her to hang this sheet like thing on her ceiling... (she is making a playroom because she does day care and so we helped her hang that!)   Then we went to another less active members house named sister Gamble and we helped her pull weeds:) Service filled morning! So, the highlight of my week was Saturday afternoon! So we met a potential investigator last week and his name is Sean.  He  is a 15 year old boy. He reminds me of cade.  He is the coolest kid!  We set a return appointment last week for this week and we  were able to teach him on Saturday! He told us that he had been reading the Book of Mormon and that he had some questions.  We taught him a lesson that went really well.  Sean is a really smart boy!  So intelligent!  He is home schooled….and he is a “thinker”.  He asked us some tough questions that we did not know the answers to, so we wrote them down and told him that they were great questions…and that we will tell him the answers next time we meet with him and that we can talk more about them then.  Like I said,  he is a thinker but he was very positive and interested in learning more. We will be meeting with him this Saturday and we are so excited:) It is so exciting when someone tells you that they are reading The Book of Mormon! It is so amazing! (if people read it they will just have to know that its true!) We have high hopes for him and are so excite to meet with him again this weekend:) Then Saturday night we played soccer with the Spanish branch again... All I can say is… so FUN! I truly love playing and I SCORED some goals which was FUN! *I also took some corner kicks.. haha  oh the good old days.. corner kicking:) (Caitlyn’s big corner kicks…love me some corner kicks! ha too funny!)

Sunday: It was a really tender and emotional day for me. Having to be away from dad was really hard. :( We had really good talks in both of our wards and it just filled me with joy and gratitude. I’m so grateful to have a wonderful dad who loves me no matter what!  I am so blessed and I am so grateful for all that you have taught me dad.  I LOVE YOU!  Mom, please give dad a BIG hug for me:)
    
This morning (Monday) we had a wonderful lesson with Beverly again! She is so awesome... The spirit again was so strong… It is crazy but I can see a change in her already. She read the Book of Mormon and was really positive and excited with what we taught her. We taught her the restoration and she was positive and happy!  She keeps telling us how happy and grateful she is for this knowledge and for the blessings she has and for how her life is changing!  We were able to invite her to be baptized and she said yes! Things are looking really good with her:) I feel so blessed to be able to teach her.. I just love her a lot! We meet with her again this Thursday.. and I couldn't be more excited and happy about that;)
    So, over all I had a really good week! I can’t even explain to you how grateful I am to be a missionary!  I love it!  I love all of you so much and I am so grateful for your encouragement, your  prayers and your support!  You are in my prayers ALWAYS!!!  I can’t wait to talk to you again next week. xoxoxox

-sister cosgrove.




 Annapaula's Birthday Party:) ha ha Lots of Fun!!! {QUITE the Celebration!! :) }








T R I O    T A K E    2

 Monday, June 9, 2014



Hello family!

Mom how I love your emails! They seriously give me the boost that I need to start my week! I love to hear all about you guys and how you are doing:) I love all the amazing details mom they really are the best! Mom you are too sweet... I have not got your letter or the package yet?? BUT I really look forward to receiving them! I can’t wait to read the letter… I love letters from you! Of course I love getting packages..it is always such a fun surprise! I love you and really do appreciate your love and support.  First off, I want you to know that this  last week was so much better! Last week when I emailed you I was full of all kinds of emotions…and was having a rough time…and was super scared with the unknown and with the news of another trio…and just with all the struggles I had been facing…I was pretty frazzled to say the least!  This last week I have been able to calm down and I am doing SO much better!

 I’m so excited for you and your new job Mom… it sounds wonderful! I can’t believe that it’s your last week at good old Shirley’s! That is soo great about Cade! I’m so happy that he is actually looking forward to basketball! That is awesome:) I’m so excited for him! You will have to let me know how this tournament turns out this week, how he does… what team he plays on etc. etc. the details!??  Please let him know that I love him and tell him to work hard! I will be thinking about him lots, and that I’m so excited to hear how the tournament goes..how the other tournaments go…how training is going…etc.  Tell him to go give them heck!!!  NO regrets! ;)

That is awesome you and Dad are doing daily 4 mile walks together!  That is a long walk..ha ha  I am glad that gives you time together!  I love you and Dad so much and look up to you both!  I feel so grateful for you as parents.. who always are willing to do ANYTHING for me. Thank you so much for paying for me to be out here on a mission! I am so grateful to be serving my Heavenly Father and just want you to know how much you BOTH mean to me and how grateful I am for you guys letting me be here! It’s an amazing experience!

{Those pictures were hilarious! hahah I honestly burst out laughing when I saw them! (the one where Newman is like hugging Cade? What is up with that.. he looks so BIG!) He is seriously so cute.. is he being a good dog?? Does he go potty in the house?? chew things up?? how is little Pheebs doing? Do they get along now?? Is she still a huge sass with attitude? Ah man we have the best pets. I just loved those pictures so fun to look at!  Love those little rascals!} So, you bought string cheese from “Wisconsin” eh?!  Did you like it?  I don’t really notice a difference to be honest…I just like cheese!! So cheese is cheese:) I have tried some kringle which is good! They have a bakery here called “Oh and H” and they sell really good kringle. Yum!!!:) But i got to be careful not to eat too much cheese!

Thank you mom for updating me on the info back home! Wow Carley is coming up to being a new mommy! I can’t even explain to you how excited I am for you all to be able to be with sweet Lilly! I can’t wait to see pictures and to hear all about her!  Tell Car to hang in there and that I think she is amazing and beautiful!  I pray for her and Lilly everyday!  Carley is going to be the best Mom! (she is a natural..so loving and caring)  I am very excited to be an auntie to Lillian May Call!! J

So as far as my week… Like I already said, it really has been so much better! I’m so grateful for Sister Ruiz. She was a blessing for sure for me! Sister Ruiz is a visa waiter. She is going to Brazil! She has been waiting for 7 months. I’m so grateful for her to be here in Racine with us! Yes, it is a bit squishy in the room again… but it’s awesome! She is so cute and we laugh and have fun together and truly she is an answer to my prayers;) Heavenly Father works in lots of crazy ways, and I believe she was sent here for a reason…To help me to be excited and love being a missionary!  I know through all this I have learned lots…I know I have lots more to learn, but I am thankful for trials..I am grateful for how they help us to grow!  I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven and I love being a missionary!  I love this gospel and it is too incredible not to share with other people!  So, the “trio” is doing good and I am loving my new companion:)  Thank you for all your prayers! We have some new people in our district so that is exciting! Things really got switched up this transfer.  No one from my “MTC group”…but changes.

Unfortunately we did not get the chance to go to the temple this week. She cancelled last minute ( Sister Calderwood was going to take us but she couldn’t because she couldn’t find anyone to watch Alex). We were super bummed and now had this full day ( Tuesday) to do whatever! We plan to try to go sometime in the next couple of weeks, and it’s good because Sister Ruiz hasn’t gone yet to the temple while here, so she can come with us!  Won’t that be wonderful!  We will go soon and we are sure looking forward to going! But with that said, Tuesday morning we had one of the best lessons that I think we have had so far on my mission.  (SEE, things happen for a reason!)   I have never felt the spirit so strong. It is so crazy how important the spirit is while you teach!

Tuesday morning we had the opportunity to teach an investigator that we have. Her name is Beverly. She is about 60 years old.. (doesn’t look that old, I think she looks great!) (she has some cute grandkids that we met and one of the granddaughters is reading the Book of Mormon..she is 9)!** that is a little side note that she told us when we were there** I don’t know if I told you about her yet or not?? Anyway, she is so cool! She has had a really hard life. We brought Sister Ferner who is a sister in the ward with us. Beverly opened up to us and she told us all about her life. It was interesting, she said that ever since she met us, she has seen the blessings and the Lord helping her in her life. She told us that we were answers to her prayers and that she knew we were guided to her to help her.  It is sooo cool when people realize the Lord  is blessing themJ  She said that since we have talked to her she has seen miracles!  It was so amazing!  She was so emotional and the spirit was so strong!  She said, “Sisters I am not crying because I am sad anymore….I am crying because I am so happy!”  What a joy this gospel and our Savior Jesus Christ brings into our lives.  I am so grateful for Beverly, and for example to me! Such a wonderful reminder…that we CAN rely on our Savior whenever we need Him and He will lift us up and He will bring us joy. It was such an amazing experience for me! We are so excited and we get the chance to meet with her again this Wednesday!:)Yay!! 
            
On Wednesday we went and picked Sister Ruiz up! We waited at the church all day for her, she was coming from some far away place, so it took a while, but  I am so happy and excited that she is here:) So good news about her… she is a runner! Last week we ran every morning! (we run for about 20 minutes or so up and down the LONG street.. while Sister Hancock jump ropes. (or she just pretends to ha ha)  It is so nice that she loves running! I was so sore last week from all the running. J J YAY!!  (my poor bum:) ha ha But I loved it! Such a blessing! We are able to motivate each other and it’s just nice to get a nice work out in first thing in the morning!  LOVE IT!!!
           
 Thursday we did lots of weekly planning and telling Sister Ruiz about everyone that we are working with (our 2 investigators..hahah;) ) We were telling her about our insane less actives.. our HUGE list:) then on Thursday night we played soccer with the Spanish Branch! It was such a blast! It was fun to get out and play for fun!  (there you go Dad..all those years playing triple A…and playing high school soccer came in handy!)  It was super fun!  (ya..i still got a few skills ha ha) We played missionaries against the Branch, and the missionaries won! ha It was a really close game and just so fun! Then we went back to the Calderwood’s for cake!
     
Friday was full of visits with less active members! *oh, side note about last Monday you will never believe what Caitlyn Cosgrove ate??!  MEATLOAF! Yeah, you read it correct.. meatloaf! It was awful....just disgusting!  I knew this day would come and that on my mission I would have to eat the dreaded meatloaf!  (ground up deer, baby cow, and regular cow) GAG!!  It brought back “Wonderful memories” gagging meatloaf down at the kitchen table and Dad saying "you cannot leave the table until it’s finished". hahaha sorry, I just remembered that and had to let you know. So nasty…so sick!
            
On Saturday we went to a less active members house in the ward and helped her paint her mail box:) That was fun! We also helped her spray paint her rocks in the back yard.... “gold”?? ha ha Really interesting decorations, but hey.. she loved it! :) (she likes her rocks to look shimmery.. too funny!) We then just did some finding and we ran into some Jehovah Witnesses! That was an interesting experience! We talked to them for a really long time:) It is interesting to hear what they have to say…they were super nice…but…different.…oh the people you run into..it is crazy :)
            
Sunday it was nice because we went to the Calderwood’s for dinner and I just love them! The Majia’s were there and they are recent converts! They are so sweet:) They only speak spanish.. haha so I can’t really talk and communicate…but I understand some of what they say..and I just smile lots and try a little here and there.  They are wonderful and I love them lots!J
            
Over all it has been a really good week! I hope you guys have a wonderful week:) You are in my prayers always. I can’t wait to talk to you again next week:)
     
 I love you so much!!

 -Sister Cosgrove


Me and sister calderwood, man i just love her.. one of the sweetest ladies:) Calderwood's hamster.  Cute little hamster....ahhhh I LOVE ANIMALS...let me rephrase that...I love CLEAN animals! ;) (lots of dirty animals here) / My new companion Sister Ruiz and I on our way to the pier for  a walk with the Calderwood family / Sister Ruiz and I at the beach / Alex Calderwood and I (one of the funniest kids I have ever met!) / Sister Ruiz and I on the pier!  (I like her so much!) / The "Trio"....Sister C, Sister R and Sister H. (*Photo at top: My last district picture! We had a picnic on the beach with pizza and pop (which i didn't drink) 








T R A N F S E R    N E W S

Monday, June 2, 2014

  Sister Cosgrove & Sister Hancock out tracting



Hello family!

I will start off by giving you the news on transfers. We got the transfer text on Saturday and neither of our names were on it. (meaning that neither of us are leaving Racine!) We didn't really think anything of it, just thought okay we are staying the same.  However, today when we got to emailing we checked the transfer board and we saw we are getting a new companion.  I am going to be in another trio. I can’t believe it! I am just really shocked and nervous because my last trio was hard and awful.  I guess that really is all the news.  I am in another trio!  I am surprised.. I think the sister that is coming is a visa waiter.  Her name is Sister Ruiz.  I guess we will see how this goes.  She will be getting here on Wednesday.  I am just so surprised and I can’t believe I am in another trio??! Wow!

Anyway, it sounds like you all had a wonderful week!  It was so good to be able to see all those pictures mom thank you so much for sending me those! I loved all the bubble pictures with the famous Ollie:) He is one cute boy! I miss you guys all a lot!

MOM that is wonderful news about your new job! I am honestly SO excited for you! You are going to be amazing and it will be such a good change for you! No need in making yourself exhausted all day, it will be so fun to start something new, I am so happy and proud of you :) I cant wait to hear more about it, like when you actually start!
  
Thank you so much for the package that you sent me! I loved it so much! It was so good to open the mail box and see that package…I was so excited to open it up! Everything in there was so much fun! The cd was fun to listen to and I loved the talk, and the letter! All the sunglasses, oh just everything!  It was the best! Mom thank you so much for taking the time to put that together for me, it really does mean the world! I love you!
   
As far as my week has gone it has been a pretty slow one. We were not able to see Vanessa when we stopped by last time because she was asleep.  We have another appointment with her this week so we hope that appointment will happen! We really have high hopes for her. Yeah, she graduated just last week!  She is super sweet and we still are really excited to be able to teach her! This week we were really trying to work with some less active members!  We were visiting them like crazy!!  It was cool because on Sunday Sulema (a less active member) that hasn't been to church since I have been here in Racine showed up at church yesterday! I was so excited to see her.. she walked in and I gave her a big hug… it was the highlight of my week for sure! It is just crazy becase we have really been trying to work with her and she finally came, after 3 months! Crazy stuff!  Over all my week has been pretty good!  We are still really trying to find people.  We don't have a teaching pool whatsoever... so that is tough, but we just have to keep working hard.. It will come.. :)
   
Well, I love you guys so much and I pray for you always!  I am sorry this email is so short I just don't have much time today because I was looking at the transfer board, and I need to send you some pictures! I love you so much!
xoxo
Hope you all have a good week!

-Sister Cosgrove

#1., #2., #3., & #4.  We went to the beach for dinner on Saturday (instead of eating we relaxed and sat on a blanket! Super fun :)  #5. & #8.  Our last district meeting! Elder Brand, Elder Mac, Elder Martel, me Sister Hancock, and Elder Folker (guy on the ground is my district leader) #6. Me  wet from playing football in the rain on p-day! I was cold so I sat in the car and took some selfies.. haha  #7. Showing off my cute new earrings you sent me!  Love them so cute!






S E R V I C E    B R I N G S    J O Y

Monday, May 26, 2014

Hello Family!

Mom thank you for the long email full of wonderful details! I sure do love to hear from you to get the good updates at what is going on at home!  It sounds like you all have had a good eventful week spent with family!  Let me start off by saying thank you so much for all the pictures that you sent me, I love them just as much as you love to get them from me:) It is so fun to see you guys having a good time with the cutie himself Ollie. Carley you looked adorable in the pictures that mom sent me of you….my cute preggo sister!!!!! (when I saw it I just was giggling because you are HUGE…not fat, but your belly.. oh my I just want to touch it!  You look so cute pregnant! Your hair is so stinken cute... do we have another ginge in the family??;) kidding! I love it and it did kind of look red. I can’t believe how soon you are having your baby...I can’t even wait!  I am so excited for you!  I loved the pictures from the wedding! I am so happy that you were able to go and support Chelsea and Tanner! That means a lot that you court and car would go so really thank you so much:) It looked really pretty and she looked really pretty:) Thank you thank you for all those pictures mom that are the best! I love to see everyone! It sounds like you have had a good long weekend! Lots of solid family time and games..badminton? sounds like a blast... I would have worked all of you if I was there.. kidding. (I am probably no good) MOM that is so awesome that you got a new calling! I would say that primary is the best calling.. so you are lucky that you have the BEST calling. I can’t wait to hear what age group you will be the teacher of! I love you and can’t wait to hear about all the cute things that you do for them because you are so creative and are the best teacher:) That is such wonderful news.

As far as my week went it was pretty good! Things are really slow here in Racine and we are having a little bit of a hard time with finding investigators that are solid and that progress! One day we may find a couple new investigators but then they are not there for their appointments when we go back, or are not interested so that is kind of tough! That is pretty much what is going on right now! As far as Monday (yesterday)  went it was a really good day! We are super blessed to have people in our ward who love us and take care of us! We ate with 3 families! First, at 11 we went over to the Milners for lunch. The Milners are our ward mission leaders;) They are super cool! We ate with them some brats! It was the first Wisconsin brat that I have had! It was so good! They look really gross but taste really good! Then we visited some less actives and met with a potential who is really sweet! We are teaching her again next week so we will see how that goes. Then at 3 we went back to the Briggs (the members that we live with) and we ate ribs with them! THEY WERE AMAZING! hahaha plus I love the Briggs so it was fun to be there and spending time with them! The elders were invited over as well! We played spoons with them and just hung out and it was really nice:) Then our final dinner appointment was with the Calderwoods! We had brats again and burgers.. but I didn't eat, I was too full from the Briggs so I just had some fruit but it was so fun to be able to hang out with them! Cool thing is we played the ABC game! They play it just like us and I felt so much at home I couldn't believe it! Over all it was a really good day and I felt so blessed for wonderful people in the ward who love and take care of us!!
     Last week really not much went on... like I said it was a slow week in Racine! We have a new investigator for the Spanish branch. Her name is Vanessa and she is 18 just about to graduate! We met with her last week (her mother is a less active) and she told us that she wanted to take the discussions. We were really happy and can’t wait till this Thursday when we get to see her again!  We also met with a potential that we had and she is letting us come back this week as well:) Those are pretty much the 2 highlights from last week! Other then that we didn't have anyone else found and it just has been a slow week!
    We did some service this week which was fun! Service on the mission is a lot of fun actually! We spent 2 of our afternoons helping joann (old investigator cute 80 yr. old) plant her flowers that she bought. She bought 200 flowers hahaha it took us a while but it was so fun to plant them and to see how happy she was after we finished! She thought it looked so beautiful! It was a lot of fun as well! I think I am quite the good planter;)  Then we also helped a non active member paint her basement.. we painted it bright blue! That was fun too.. (I felt like you dad.. a little painter girl! ha but not good like you!!!) I wasn't very good....but I tried and I enjoyed myself and she loved it so that was good!
       The weather here has been really nice! on Saturday me and sister hancock did our studies and ate lunch outside in the back yard because the weather was so nice! We both got really sun burned..   (nice to get some color on my ghostly skin) haha. It is so humid here!  It is nuts!  I will do my hair….straighten it and the within an hour I have a FRO like you mom! I totally have your hair its so funny! Humidity is the worst. You just feel sticky and clammy all the time.. rough rough! People just keep telling me to wait until July that is when it is the worst.. ha brace myself....;)  



Planting flowers for Joann, Showing off my sunburn, Memorial Day lunch with the Milners, Union Grove "Dean" cow and me :)
(I had to take a picture with the Wisconsin Dairy Cow)

Sunday Vanessa came to church with her mom! We were so excited. They sat by us and they seemed to like it! We are really excited about Vanessa and can’t wait to teach her this week and see how things turn out! She is our most solid investigator right now, so that is super exciting!
   We had a cool experience this week! We were out visiting some less actives and I remembered a lady that we had talked to a couple weeks back, she was interested but said that she didn't have time right then to talk and to come back! I asked sister hancock about her and she said that we had not written her address down.... we were bummed because we really wanted to stop by! We drove around a bit trying to find it and then we decided to just pray.... so that we could find her house!.(let me add we had no idea even the area that it was in) after the prayer we checked out planners to see if we had missed the address. We started to drive again! I said to sister hancock I think its that way more (pointing north) she drove a couple streets over and turned and right on the corner was her house. We couldn't believe we had found the house when we had no idea.. NO CLUE where it was. What a blessing that we were able to find her house and talk to her! She said that we can stop by again next week:) the lord answers our prayers! How incredible is it that we can pray to our heavenly father and he will answer us and he will help us and guide us to things that we need help with.. because he loves us!!!! I hope that you guys are still reading and praying every night together! I know that through prayer you can strengthen your relationship with heavenly father. I know that you will see the blessing in your life, like I have in mine.
      I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family like you guys! Keep me posted on things that are going on at home! I miss you all a lot but I am so happy to be out here serving my heavenly father:) I can’t believe that it’s already time for transfers again! I have been out 3 months yesterday! nuts! Wow time flies! sister hancock has been here for 4 and a half months! We will see what happens. We find out this Saturday who is transferred so ill let you know on Monday! 
I know that heavenly father loves all of YOU! I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that you are all in my prayers!!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
-Sister Cosgrove.





No comments:

Post a Comment