Saturday, March 8, 2014

A B I G T H A N K Y O U

Hey family!
Let me just start off by saying how much I love you guys and how much I appreciate your love and support! There has not been a day here in the MTC that I have not received mail and I just think that’s so sweet and shows me how much you all care! I just can’t believe how much love and support I have got from all of you guys, thank you so much!

Mom thank you for all the yummy treats you have sent my way! You truly are the best Mom and you are too stinking thoughtful and do so much for me! Carley I sure love you! I have loved the packages that you have sent me! The “sunshine” one was much needed. It made my day a lot better and made me so happy..thanks for the letters too! :)  Courtney I wanted to wish you a happy late birthday!!! I love you so much and I am sorry that I’m so late on wishing you a happy day.  I hope it was a good birthday! Also, thanks for the letters:) Cade-ooOOO!!! I sure love you buddy! Thanks for the letter and the sample of “Pheeeebs” hair.. ha ha ha I died laughing!!!! I love you buddy thanks again for writing me! I just feel overly blessed to have the love and support from all of you at home! You guys are all such examples to me and I love you so much!  Just so you know, before I head to the temple today I’m going to write you all letters.. so be excited and ready for those to come your way:)

So I thought Mom that I would bring one of your letters with me so that I could answer the questions that you have for me. I’m going to try to answer them!! So my classes are getting a lot better. We teach a progressing investigator each day in class (our teacher plays the investigator) and we just teach as a companionship! We are learning a lot through this experience! We are not great at teaching, but I feel like I’m starting to kind of get the hang of it!  I have been forced to take charge and teach so I think it has blessed me and I am actually getting the hang of it.  My teachers are great!  All of them are so fun, they help us lots and they make teaching so fun:) We see the other girls that are going to Wisconsin every once in a while and are able to say “hi” but we don’t see them much!  Pretty much just in passing. Let me tell you how much I love my district!  SO MUCH! We all get along so well and we have all grown so much. So for those of you who have seen the movie  “Sidney white”... that is what I compare the elders in my district to. They are just big dorks, but so funny and they all have the biggest hearts!  I just think it’s so incredible how you can grow to love people in such a little bit of time! I think that is a blessing that I have learned from my companion, my roommates, my teachers, and my district.  I think it will help me when I teach my investigators because it’s so important to love the people we teach! Anyways the district is great! My Branch President is a little interesting.. haha but, all in all he is a good man and I know he means well! Food here stinks, It really does…I mean I guess it’s not terrible, but you can only take so much of it and do much of cafeteria food. I know I should be grateful because who knows what I’m going to do for food in Wisconsin. Ha ha  I really do like my companion! She is really sweet, we laugh lots and we have become really good friends. I also like the sisters in my room! We laugh and just have a lot of fun! No drama yet... so that’s good!

GYM IS MY FAVORITE!! My district plays volley ball and we just honestly laugh and it’s the best! I’ve actually really improved on the good old “volley” skills. I’m a pro server! haha just kidding.... but really I’m not too shabby in the volleyball department.  It has really been fun too because I have got to see Dad.  I just love him and love seeing him!!  Anyway, I really look forward to gym, but I think yesterday was my last gym so we went out with a BANG with a final volley ball game as a district!

So we are teaching our "fake" investigator and her name is Melissa.  It is honestly the best! I love her so much already and we have seriously grown close to her! We taught her about the restoration and she had sooooo many questions that were hard, but it was good. It has been such a great learning experience, and I know it has helped me so much!  She is so cute. We teach her again tonight and she said tonight is” picture night”.  She told us that she wanted to take pictures with us, so I will send you those when I get them

The mtc has gotten so much better and I’m truly so grateful for this experience! I have grown so much and have learned so much it blows my mind!  This gospel is incredible. I love to learn more about it every day!

It’s crazy to think that I leave in just 3 days!!! I just can’t believe how fast the time has flown by and how much I’ve grown!!

I know Mom you have been asking me a lot about if I need anything but I really think that I’m okay and as of right now I’m good and don’t need anything! Thank you so much for caring and checking to make sure I have everything! Thanks for sending my bedding to Wisconsin! I’m excited to have that nice comforter! Wow! I leave soon family!

Man I miss you guys a lot! But I am so grateful for ALL of you and want everyone to know I’m doing good here! I’m so excited to get out and serve the Lord. I can’t explain how much my testimony has grown. I love my Heavenly Father so much and I know that He loves you all as well!!

Mom that was such an awesome story about President Monson! So CRAZY COOL :) What a blessing for sure! 

I sure love you Mom so much and I love you Dad! I love you Courtney and I love you Carley!!  I love you Trent and I love you Brett!  I love you baby Oliver and I love you Cade-o!!! Thank you for all the love and support that you have shown me. You are all such examples to me and make me want to work even harder every day!

The Lord loves you! Read your scriptures daily! I can’t explain how much reading them daily has changed me! This church is true!

I can’t wait to talk to you guys on Tuesday morning!:) It will be so much fun! Well I’ll be talking to you soon! I Love you a lot!!! Be ready for my call!! (I’ll call Mom’s number unless told otherwise)
Love you all and miss you so much!

Love, Sister Caity

::pictures above: familiar faces at the MTC (dad and keena)

No comments:

Post a Comment